Senior Adviser - International Connections
- permanent opportunity for an experienced Senior Adviser
- do you have regulatory experience and are you politically savvy?
- want to work with an engaged and forward-thinking team?
It’s not every day a role comes along that allows you to help shape New Zealand’s future. But as a Senior Adviser in our International Connections team, that’s exactly what you’ll have the opportunity to do. The Ministry of Transport has taken on a new direction. Transport affects every area of our society and we need to think in broad terms.
The International Connections team supports the movement of goods and people by air and sea to where they want to go, both in New Zealand and abroad. We are a diverse team looking for a seasoned senior adviser with proven experience in regulation and policy development within an international setting. You'll need strong influencing skills, a strength for relationship management, stakeholder engagement and cross-agency collaboration, and the ability to write reports and communicate well. You will be comfortable working with ambiguity and picking up new issues, and will need to use your political savvy to successfully navigate your way through complex policy and political settings.
The policy issues that the Ministry considers are growing in priority and complexity. In this role you'll work closely with central, local and overseas government agencies to provide advice to Ministers across a number of priority areas. This includes:
- exploring the role that aviation and maritime transport play in a multi-modal system
- helping put in place maritime and aviation rules and regulations that promote safety and future proof the system
- working with Crown agencies to ensure that civil aviation and maritime rules remain fit-for-purpose and, where appropriate, in harmony with international developments
- working together with other teams in the Ministry to explore the benefits of new transport technologies in the aviation and maritime sectors and to support their testing and up-take in New Zealand
- manage regulatory functions such as airline licencing, authorising non-scheduled international flights and approving airline cooperative agreements
- responding professionally and comprehensively to requests from the public and Ministers.
This role offers development opportunities and a lot of scope to be creative in how we address transport challenges. You will be expected to take ownership of your role and will be well supported not only within the team but across the Ministry. You will also be expected to provide coaching and guidance to others in the team.
This is a permanent position and we are looking for the right candidate to join this energetic, motivated Ministry and make a contribution to New Zealand society, now and in the future.
To express your interest, please apply through our careers centre https://mot.careercentre.net.nz/Job/ including a cover letter and your full CV.
For any questions or for more information email email@example.com
Permanent – Full time
Job no: FPAJ80371
Closing Date: Sunday, 1 July 2018