Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Newly Created Position
- 2 wellness leave days | Mobile Phone & Laptop | Flexible working by default
- Permanent Full Time | Wellington CBD waterfront - Queens Wharf
He kupu mō mātou Te Manatū Waka | About Ministry of Transport
Te Manatū Waka, Ministry of Transport, is the system leader for the transport sector whether it’s on land, at sea, in the air, or connecting Aotearoa to the world. We are the government’s principal adviser on transport policy, regulation and investment and play a crucial role in ensuring the transport system is working to improve the prosperity for New Zealanders.
At Te Manatū
Waka, we pride ourselves on being a small, agile, and friendly Ministry, which
maintains a work culture based on our values – Bold, Invested and Collaborative.
Our modern offices located in the heart of the waterfront further enhances the
Ministry’s working environment.
Ngā whakamārama mō te tūnga | About the opportunity
Following the Ministry’s recently established new structure and operating model we’re looking for an Executive Assistant. In this executive support role, you will build a strategic partnership with the Deputy Chief Executive Sector Strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing effective diary and email management
- Anticipating meetings and ensure all papers and/or briefings are available and prioritised
- Arranging and coordinating meetings, taking minutes and following up actions
- Providing administrative support, organising functions and arranging travel
- Ensure your senior leader is kept up to date on issues, priorities and developments
Te wāhi ki a koe | What you’ll bring
- Previous EA or PA experience
- Exceptional organisational, prioritisation and time management competencies
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Proficiency across the Microsoft Office suite
- Public sector experience will be advantageous although not essential
Te wāhi ki a mātou | What we offer
to our small and friendly office discreetly located on the wharf, we also offer
a supportive and flexible work environment, individual development plans,
Ministry leave days, laptop and mobile, a range of health and wellbeing
benefits including wellbeing days and an annual Wellness payment, discounted
insurances, EAP, a welcoming employee network + more.
Some of our
office facilities include plenty of storage for bicycles/scooters, personal
secure lockers, collaborative workspaces and showers.
In our diverse and inclusive environment, our people grow their agile
mindset, learn, evolve, and utilise their skills, while being empowered to make
salary range for the role is up to $88,000. The salary offered will be based on
skills and experience.
Me pēhea te tono mai | How to apply
Please submit your application online including a cover letter and CV.
You will find a copy of the Job Description
attached or online at www.transport.govt.nz.
Applications close midnight, 28 February 2024.
For further information or to speak confidentially, please contact Kitty McCool at email@example.com.
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a Ministry that represents the wider Aotearoa that we serve. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging.
have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.