Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Adviser, Governance
· Join a high performing team and work in an interesting sector with a focus on development
· Take a lead in strategic direction of transport Crown Entities | Supportive and Engaged Team Culture | Flexible working by default
· Permanent Full Time | Wellington or Auckland based
Are you looking to join a high performing team where you can make a significant and tangible difference for New Zealand? Do you want an influential role where you can see the direct impact of your work through shaping the delivery of outcomes at a system level?
He kupu mō mātou Te Manatū Waka | About Ministry of Transport
Te Manatū Waka, Ministry of Transport, is the system leader for the transport sector whether it’s on land, at sea, in the air, or connecting Aotearoa to the world. We are the government’s principal adviser on transport policy, regulation and investment and play a crucial role in ensuring the transport system is working to improve the prosperity for New Zealanders.
At Te Manatū Waka, we pride ourselves on being a small, agile, and friendly Ministry, which maintains a work culture based on our values – Bold, Invested and Collaborative. Our modern offices located in the heart of the waterfront further enhances the Ministry’s working environment.
Ngā whakamārama mō te tūnga | About the opportunity
Enter p In the Senior Adviser role, you will provide high quality advice to Ministers that provides strategic insights on the governance and performance of the transport Crown entities, alongside other critical issues, including Crown ownership and funding matters across the transport system. You will have direct responsibility for engaging with the Crown entity boards and chief executives to support the delivery of the Government’s transport priorities.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- provide high quality advice to support the Minister of Transport in effectively overseeing the performance and effectiveness of the transport Crown entities
- take a lead as a Crown monitor overseeing the governance, strategic direction, and performance of the transport Crown entities and wider transport system, as well as Crown ownership issues and entity form
- work closely with senior officials to develop and shape the delivery of high profile policy issues working closely with the transport Crown entities
- develop significant funding proposals to deliver outcomes across the transport system. This may include the development of budget bids and funding reviews, working with the Treasury and the transport Crown entities
- engage with the transport Crown entity boards, chief executives, and other high profile stakeholders to help shape our understanding of entity and system performance across the transport sector
- shape and influence the appointment of high performing boards for the transport Crown entities
Te wāhi ki a koe | What you’ll bring
In this fast paced and exciting role, you will bring an ability to see the big picture, with strong analytical skills that enable you to effectively advise Ministers, Chief Executives and senior decision makers. Your innovative thinking will help shape the team’s work programme and continue to shape our Crown monitoring approach for the transport system.
You will need to have strong skills in developing high quality and concise advice for Ministers, along with the confidence to engage with Chief Executives and Boards on a range of strategic issues. Potential candidates may have experience in governance, strategy, policy or investment/funding disciplines. Experience in Crown entity monitoring and/or the delivery of funding reviews is desirable, but not essential. We are open to hearing from candidates that may bring a range of skills and experiences relevant to the role.
Te wāhi ki a mātou | What we offer
In addition to our small and friendly office discretely located on the waterfront, we also offer a supportive and flexible work environment, individual development plans, Ministry leave days, laptop and mobile, a range of health and wellbeing benefits including wellbeing days and an annual Wellness payment, discounted insurances, EAP, a welcoming employee network + more.
Some of our office facilities include plenty of storage for bicycles/scooters, personal secure lockers, collaborative workspaces and showers.
In our diverse and inclusive environment, our people grow their agile mindset, learn, evolve, and utilise their skills, while being empowered to make decisions.
The salary range for the role is $100,976 - $134,634. The salary offered will be based on skills and experience.
Me pēhea te tono mai | How to apply
Please submit your application online including a cover letter and CV.
You will find a copy of the Job Description attached or online at www.transport.govt.nz.
Applications close midnight, Monday, 6 February 2022.
For further information or to speak confidentially, please contact Recruitment Adviser Kitty McCool at email@example.com
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a Ministry that represents the wider Aotearoa that we serve. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
Please note unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.