Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
· Additional Leave + Wellness Benefit and more!
· Flexible working + Mobile & Laptop
· Opportunity for Career Development
He kupu mō mātou Te Manatū Waka | About Ministry of Transport
Te Manatū Waka, Ministry of Transport, is the system leader for the transport sector whether it’s on land, at sea, in the air, or connecting Aotearoa to the world. We are the government’s principal adviser on transport policy, regulation and investment and play a crucial role in ensuring the transport system is working to improve the prosperity for New Zealanders.
At Te Manatū Waka, we pride ourselves on being a small, agile, and friendly Ministry, which maintains a work culture based on our values – Bold, Invested and Collaborative. Our modern offices located in the heart of the waterfront further enhances the Ministry’s working environment.
Ngā whakamārama mō te tūnga | About the opportunity
We have a variety of Policy Adviser opportunities in our System Strategy & Investment Group or the System & Regulatory Design Group.
The System Strategy & Investment Group maintains an overview of transport strategy for New Zealand. They provide high level strategic design and quality, timely and effective policy advice and support for the Ministry and the transport sector.
The System & Regulatory Design Group is the centre of excellence for quality, timely and effective regulatory policy, and evidence based analysis for the Ministry and the transport sector.
- Prepare policy advice on transport issues including Cabinet papers and briefs for the relevant Ministers, and comment on papers prepared by other agencies
- Conduct research relevant to transport
- Prepare or contribute to ministerial speeches, media statements and responses to parliamentary questions, and draft replies to ministerial and department correspondence
- Identify and analyse issues and trends, opportunities and problems relating to transport
- Develop policy advice, as far as possible, from conceptual stage through to Cabinet decision and legislation and implementation
- Support the passage of new legislation and its
introduction in association with the Legal team
There is flexibility across the work programmes to accommodate your individual interests and professional development needs.
Te wāhi ki a koe | What you’ll bring
You could be a new graduate or an up-and-coming superstar! We have a variety of Adviser roles available in teams doing some meaningful and impactful work.
While Policy development experience is a must, you may have skills and experiences in:
- Provision of briefing papers
- Project management
- Writing ministerial correspondence and briefings
- Knowledge of public sector processes would be an advantage
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field
Te wāhi ki a mātou | What we offer
- Supportive and flexible work environment, individual development plans,
- Additional Ministry leave days
- A range of health and wellbeing benefits including wellbeing days and annual wellness payment
- Laptop, mobile and WFH equipment
- Offices discreetly located right on the wharf with collaborative working spaces, showers, storage for bicycles/scooters and personal lockers
- A welcoming employee network such as the Māori and Pasifika, Wāhine, and Rainbow networks as well as the PSA and Eco Groups
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds, orientations and identities. We aim to have a Ministry that represents the wider Aotearoa that we serve. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels relevant, valued, supported and a sense of belonging.
For any support or accessibility needs during our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
Whānuitanga Utu ā-Tau | Salary range
The salary range for the roles is $72,774 – $93,495. The salary offered will be based on skills and experience.
Me pēhea te tono mai | How to apply
To view the job description or apply online including a cover letter and CV click Apply.
We will be screening and interviewing suitable candidates throughout the advertising period.
For further information or to speak confidentially, please contact the Te Manatu Waka Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa to apply for this role.
Please note unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.