Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Principal and Senior Advisers - Mobility & Safety
- Are you looking for a position where you can have a positive impact on the safety of New Zealanders?
- Keen to grow and enhance public and active transport in New Zealand?
- Do you enjoy working with an engaged and forward-thinking team, in a high-paced environment?
Opportunity to work at the cutting edge of policy, on high-profile issues
The Ministry of Transport is the government’s chief policy adviser on transport. We are a small, collegial agency, working in a fast-paced environment. The Ministry has an important strategic leadership role. Our job is to ensure that our transport system supports a broad range of social, economic, and environmental outcomes, and is positively shaping the cities and places we inhabit.
We’re looking for Principal and Senior Policy Advisers to join our Mobility and Safety team, based in our Wellington office.
As a member of the Mobility & Safety team, you’ll have the chance to work closely with central and local government, and a vast range of stakeholders, to provide advice to Ministers on relevant transport issues. This includes:
- implementation of the Government’s road safety strategy, to reduce the trauma occurring on New Zealand’s roads
- enhancing the effectiveness of public transport in New Zealand
- initiatives to increase the uptake of walking and cycling in New Zealand
- ensuring transport is accessible for all, including helping to support people with disabilities to have greater access to employment and social opportunities
- responding professionally and comprehensively to requests from the public and the Minister
Ideally we’re looking for:
- Senior policy advisers with three or more years of experience in a relevant field
- Principal policy advisers with six or more years of experience in a relevant field
As either a Principal or Senior Adviser, you will lead key programmes of work, shaping and presenting policy advice to Ministers. You will join us with solid background experience in leading and steering projects, problem-solving complex issues, assessing options and advising on a direction. Along with your analytical skills, you’ll be a collaborative team-player, who flourishes coaching and mentoring others. You will excel in working at high pace, dealing with ambiguity, and delivering results.
Whether applying for a role as either Principal or Senior Policy Adviser, we have a strong focus on professional development, and you'll receive plenty of support to take ownership of your role.
Join this high-paced, motivated team and make your contribution to New Zealand society, now and in the future.
The salary bands for these roles are as follows:
- Senior Policy Adviser - $88,386 - $124,781
- Principal Policy Adviser - $106,837 - $150,828
To express your interest, please apply through our careers centre here including a cover letter and your full CV. For any questions or for more information email email@example.com or for a confidential discussion with Brent Johnston, Manager – Mobility and Safety, please contact Greer Birkinshaw on firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on 23 June 2019.
Permanent – Full time
Job no: FFAP90447
Closing Date: Sunday, 23 June 2019