Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Adviser - Auckland
- Career development and progression opportunity
- Meaningful and impactful work | Small, friendly organisation | Flexible working by default
- Permanent Full Time | Auckland CBD - Queen Street
He kupu mō mātou Te Manatū Waka | About Ministry of Transport
Te Manatū Waka, Ministry of Transport, is the system leader for the transport sector whether it’s on land, at sea, in the air, or connecting Aotearoa to the world. We are the government’s principal adviser on transport policy, regulation and investment and play a crucial role in ensuring the transport system is working to improve the prosperity for New Zealanders.
At Te Manatū Waka, we pride ourselves on being a small, agile, and friendly Ministry, which maintains a work culture based on our values – Bold, Invested and Collaborative. Our modern offices located in the heart of the waterfront further enhances the Ministry’s working environment.
Ngā whakamārama mō te tūnga | About the opportunity
The Auckland team is a key strategic adviser that works closely across Te Manatū Waka and with key stakeholders (particularly in the Auckland region), to make connections and ensure alignment between national transport strategy and local and regional Auckland transport issues.
Key responsibilities include:
- Scoping and planning projects in ambiguous and complex areas
- Using appropriate project planning and management techniques, manage risks and coordinate work with others
- Contributing to multiple pieces of work concurrently and actively and independently planning and managing workload
- Applying advanced frameworks and methods of analysis to identify policy problems, analyse the issues, and identify and assess the policy options
- Critically synthesising information from a wide variety of domains and using in-depth knowledge of the policy area to draw sound conclusions based on the judicious use of the available evidence
Te wāhi ki a koe | What you’ll bring
We are looking for a Senior Adviser who can think analytically and critically, with relationship building and influencing skills.
While experience in policy development and analysis is a must, you may have skills and experiences in:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective communicator
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- Solid numerical skills
- Knowledge of public sector policy and processes would be an advantage
Te wāhi ki a mātou | What we offer
Our Auckland office is located in the city centre, co-located with a range of other government departments. We offer a supportive and flexible work environment, individual development plans, Ministry leave days, laptop and mobile, a range of health and wellbeing benefits including wellbeing days and an annual Wellness payment, discounted insurances, EAP, a welcoming employee network + more.
In our diverse and inclusive environment, our people grow their agile mindset, learn, evolve, and utilise their skills, while being empowered to make decisions.
The salary range for the role is $108,126 - $130,000. The salary offered will be based on skills and experience.
Me pēhea te tono mai | How to apply
Please submit your application online including a cover letter and CV.
You will find a copy of the Job Description attached or online at www.transport.govt.nz.
Applications close midnight, 26 February 2024.
For further information or to speak confidentially, please contact Kitty McCool at email@example.com.
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a Ministry that represents the wider Aotearoa that we serve. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
Please note unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.